Monday 2 April 2012

what is it about plumbing and me

I did find a new handyman and so far, his guys have fixed all of the problems I had.........well almost
On Saturday the plumber came and replaced the water heater (that was what was causing all the humming sounds) and the leaky taps ( seems its called a mixer). First he put in a different type of mixer, with an additional spout....I didn't ask for that and my mistake was not telling him I didn't want it straight away.  then the shower..... if one can call the trickle of water coming out of that a shower, somehow after he fixed a new shower head, the water slowed to a trickle.  Well he came back to check it out and said he would have to change the shower for me, and as I work, this could only be done on the coming Saturday.  
 This morning I had to wash my hair, it was frustrating beyond words trying to get the shampoo then conditioner out of my extremely thick hair!  I was close to tears and very close to smashing the shower head on the floor!  There was no way in hell that I would be able to last a week of having a shower with trickling water.  So this morning I told the handyman that I would take a day off to get it fixed and we have arranged for the plumber to come change the things tomorrow afternoon......and he wanted to charge me extra for a new shower and mixer..........seems that the particular shower cant be returned....... and its my problem,  how??
Did he actually expect me to say yes OK, I will pay extra??
Its been probably 7 weeks of crap from  these plumbers and electricians with my leaky taps and faulty heaters and I am at the end of my tether.  Will I finally get my shower fixed ........................

No comments:

Post a Comment