Friday 21 December 2012

the end of the world

So its December 21st, so far all good.
I didn't prep for the end of the world, I don't think it will end today, firstly because the Mayans lived in South America and me in Singapore so I figured I have an additional day what with different time zones and all.

Secondly I really don't believe the apocalypse is upon us.
I have always believed any religion, ancient or modern, and yes the Mayans had their own little religion, was just a belief put together to control the masses.  It was some dude somewhere putting together ideologies that put fear into the masses to make them toe the line.

But if it was the end of the world what would I do.
I would probably tell everyone I cared about, how much I loved them, how much they pissed me off and how much they changed my life.
But it isn't the end.  If there was some guarantee then perhaps I would go tell all the people what I really thought of them. But nope tactful as ever, I remain silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment