Saturday 3 March 2012

hangovers feel different at 40 something......

So I went out with the sisters last night, its been awhile since I had a drink and I (foolishly) thought I could stick to a couple of drinks and head home early......
Why do I delude myself.
We had  a couple of drinks at my favourite bar and as it got more crowded and noisy we decided to head off  to the "club" (one shall not mention names but those that do know me will know which club I frequent).  On a Friday night the club is usually pretty interesting and full of friends wanting to just have a drink in a quiet place....
well I ended up getting home past 1am and happily inebriated.
This morning however it is a totally different story....... with errands to run and of course waiting for the handy man to turn up to do the (long overdue) repairs, I couldn't have a lie in.  The handy man didn't turn up (he had some cock and bull story about the parts being out of stock..... who the hell runs out of taps!!) and I had promised to cook something for our family get together dinner tonight.  Which meant a trip to the supermarket.  I do always say, never again, wont drink so much when I have errands to do the next day..... do I ever learn...No.
So my trip to the supermarket on a Saturday morning was not pleasant, even on hangover free days I get annoyed with people but today it was worse.  Its getting harder to recover from a night out, it now takes me a whole day to sit with my head in my hands and moan and groan before I actually start to feel human again.  Lots of isotonic drinks and a greasy burger do help but generally it takes 24 hours of sheer hell before I want to face anyone.
A night out with the girls was fun but its a heavy price to pay the next day.....and when happily drunk I end up doing things I shouldn't, like enjoying a cigarette...

No comments:

Post a Comment