Thursday 21 February 2013

gluten free blueberry muffins - breakfast fit for a grumpy goddess

Since I started this trying to be gluten free (notice I said trying) breakfast has been the hardest thing to get right.  I used to love my oats with honey and nuts and raisins, all good options only that it was hard to find gluten free oats.  Oats itself are gluten free but because of the way they are grown, due to cross contamination, they end up being full of gluten.
As I wanted to remain gas free (almost) and not spend enormous amounts of money to guy gluten free oats, i had to find something else to eat for breakfast.
Gluten free bread did help but it tastes pretty awful
So I decided to bake my own muffins. Blueberry lemon, carrot, vanilla, cinnamon, banana, you name it I made it.  I would bake a dozen, freeze some (the son wouldnt eat blueberry) and have enough to take to work for breakfast ( I cant eat early even though I get up early)
I had a day off today so made a fresh batch
This recipe I got off the internet from here
I changed a few things like using oil instead of butter and using only 1 cup of blueberries, using gluten free self raising flour ( I kept the baking powder but only 1 teaspoon) and omitting the gum.
They are fabulous

No comments:

Post a Comment