Saturday 6 October 2012

what a difference a day makes

actually it doesnt.  I was 49 on Wednesday and on Thursday I turned 50.
Did the world stop turning?  Did I suddenly look older?  Did I suddenly think any differently?  NO
Its just a bloody number, but why do we celebrate milestone birthdays?
I did mine a bit different
I took my family out for dinner to one of my favourite French restaurants then on to a dodgy pub to listen to some blues and on Saturday, we went for brunch.  We shared a meal as a family, which is what I like to do.  Tomorrow I will share another meal with good friends.  End of celebrations.

It has been nice to receive presents like flowers and cupcakes (I did eat some even though I am supposed to avoid gluten!!) but I have never been one to make a fuss about birthdays and presents.  Its just another day to me.  The only special thing I do on my birthday is to take a day off work.
me & my babies
Son no 1 made a special trip to come home for my birthday and that has been the best part, having both my babies with me to celebrate the fact that I am still  alive after half a century
Do I feel wiser?  Maybe not wiser, just more sensible, but then I always was sensible and practical.  I have realised that we have one life to lead and no one is responsible for our happiness except ourselves.  I am happy with who I am, I am complete.




No comments:

Post a Comment