Monday 17 June 2013

two blogs or one.....where can I post the gluten free choc chip muffins then

so I had a conversation with son no 1 in Hawaii this afternoon, on Facetime (its like skype but using an apple device) and I mentioned that I should start another blog with just my food and recipes.  He was not happy.
He thinks I shouldn't be giving away family favourites....so I wont be posting any more family recipes for a while....until I persuade him otherwise.....
with me being so sick and not having any GF food readily available I have been eating next to nothing, which is great for weight loss, I have lost 1.5 kgs  in 4 days... but
view from the front window this morning.....the haze!
I would drag myself up to the kitchen and throw some rice in a pot and try to get something edible going.  I made rice porridge, fried rice and as I had run out of my muffins I even had rice and chicken porridge for breakfast this morning....so as I was feeling better today, but not well enough to venture out I made a batch of chocolate chip muffins.( there is also the haze, a blanket of smoke from Indonesia that covers our island and gives people like me with asthma a rather suffocating time. coupled with a bad flu I am just staying home....)


lets start baking





I got the recipe from this website and they turned out pretty good.  I did substitute the milk and used rice milk.
I have made choc chip GF muffins before and they didn't quite turn out, but this time they were better.

1 dozen minus one
the all purpose flour being blended











here again is the recipe for my all purpose Gluten free flour (thanks to the Gluten Free Goddess but somehow I have added in brown rice to the mix and it seems to work!  I should try her original blend...)

1 cup sorghum flour
1 cup brown rice flour
2/3 cup potato starch
1/3 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp xantham Gum


No comments:

Post a Comment