Friday 14 June 2013

Cosmic karma

I am not a religious person and I sometimes struggle with accepting that there is a God.
I will probably burn in hell for eternity for my blasphemous views.
However there does come a time in ones life when you seriously think that either the Gods are fucking with you or it's just karma.

To a Sikh (practicing Sikh or not) the meaning of karma, in a nutshell, is that you reap what you sow.....
And right now I seem to be reaping 'benefits' of my recent actions.
 I am in bed today with a very bad cold, sore throat and diarrhea.
People get sick, you may say, it's not necessarily karma that makes you sick, but my deeply ingrained Indian woman's mentality of if I did something wrong someone out there is going to fuck me up for it, hence me getting sick and feeling like shit all day....no pun intended, makes sense. Me getting sick is justifiable punishment for lying to my twin, doing what I said I wont do and believing with blinkers on.

To make matters worse I was supposed to go meet friends today, friends I was looking forward to see and exchange gossip with but now have to give a miss as I am too sick and miserable to go out.

 So in some strange tangled up version of truth and punishment, I have got my just reward! 

2 comments:

  1. Bummer, hope you feel better soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rae, its day 3 with the flu and am feeling more human

      Delete