Friday 23 August 2013

sunrise and sunset over Lake Rotorua



My uncles motel is within walking distance from the shores of Lake Rotorua.  Right next to the property is a lane (Whittakers I think) that runs down to the lake shore, we cant walk along the shore from there as houses hug the shore of the lake in that area,  we could however walk there to take spectacular pictures of the sun rising and setting.

sun finally emerging over the horizon
sunset
It was freezing that morning and even though I did wrap up, my fingers and toes froze.  I somehow cant take pictures with gloves on, but the serenity of the sunrise was worth the almost frost bitten digits.

The sunset was equally spectacular and somehow its always pink and purple when the sun sets.  My camera didnt do the colours justice.
even the lake looks pink
sunrise lake rotorua

No comments:

Post a Comment