Saturday 8 October 2011

The first date

After my initial panic attack, I had to re evaluate my priorities and decide if I wanted to go ahead and do this dating thing.  After much soul searching and of course realizing why the failed attempt of a relationship actually failed, I called my friend again and luckily the blind date still wanted to meet.
So it finally happened....with a little bit of drama of course, after all what is life without drama!!

Its been raining every day this last week, so I figured that I should arrange to leave early to be there on time for a 7.30 dinner reservation.  I work in events for gods sake, I know how to plan things!  But life conspires against me, it just likes to fuck things up!  I called a cab and on a rainy friday evening what was I expecting?? immediate response?  not bloody likely.  Being late for a date, a first date!  It didnt bode well......
20 mins later and still no cab.....
call the restaurant and inform them that I will be late and please inform my date, this was going downhill faster than those boys in cool runnings!!
The taxi finally arrived,  (remember I still have to blog about all those taxis) and he got me there pretty quickly.  Only 10 minutes late................

what was I expecting, what was I hoping for, what was I looking for......
I am looking for things that aren't there............

No comments:

Post a Comment