Friday 2 December 2011

half a fucking century

That will be me soon, half a century of being on this planet.
I want to celebrate it by travelling to places I have always wanted to visit.  like Rome, Florence, Venice, Paris.  I don't want to rush it.  I want to spend all day in a museum, I want to spend all day sitting in a cafe watching the world go by.  I want to just go and enjoy myself and not worry about work, or family or laundry! I want to get my bottom pinched in Italy, hopefully!
I don't mind getting older, I just don't like that I will be getting wrinkly.  Thanks to the family genes , I wont look my age at all for sometime yet, yes yes being hopelessly modest here!  Its the other changes that worry me too, the dreaded change that women go through.   Hot flashes, mood swings, depression..... the choice of taking hormone replacement and put on kilos instantly but have some relief from the hot flashes.  lets not talk about the "dryness" ................oh lets!!
I like sex,  I enjoy it immensely.  Its not just the act, its the whole touchy feely thing so the thought that as you get older you don't feel like having sex and you dry out, is scary.

Its a new chapter I guess, when I turn 50.  Time to pursue my passions, my interests, my things.  I should name this the me decade, time for me.    But you know something, me alone isn't quite fun, you have to have someone special to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment