Friday 21 February 2014

the story teller

 I've been listening to Tom Waits alot recently and while I call Bob Dylan the poet, Tom is the storyteller.  He weaves his stories in my ear as I  ride the packed trains to work, and there is this song, an invitation to the blues that transports me to a movie set and I can see this movie playing.

The whole movie like the song is in the diner, 2 hours of the movie would be this guy wondering if he should stay or go while he watches this woman, with flash backs of her life and how she got there and his life too.  I can see the set, I can see him sitting in a corner watching her as she walks around doing her job.  I can see the customers coming in and out..............god I love Tom Waits..............

here is the song....


No comments:

Post a Comment