Friday 21 September 2018

docs & doctors


So at my age I still have not learnt whats good for me and whats not…. Being older does not mean wiser..believe me I know.


the docs
I recently bought myself a pair of Doc Martens shoes… not the big heavy boots but a simpler lighter (or so I thought) pair of shoes.


I wore them with jeans and to work and after 3 weeks of wearing the shoes (not everyday) I realized my back started to ache more and I was popping too many muscle relaxants at night.  It got to the point of me not being able to move on a weekend.  I spent all of Saturday and Sunday laid up in bed fluctuating from hazy medicated bliss to groaning in pain and trying to find a comfortable spot in the bed.

Something just didn’t feel right, and as son no 1 pointed out, if a pair of heavy shoes could do that to me, there had to be something else in play.  So, I went to see a chiropractor as all the medical doctors were doing, was to throw copious amounts of muscle relaxants at me.

I have had one session, need to get some xrays so they know what they ae dealing with but the difference was immediate.

I don’t know if its because I stopped wearing the Docs or the session really helped.  Last night was the first time in 2 weeks I did not swallow pills before bed time and woke up without a backache.  I still have to go get my Xrays done and go back to the Chiropractor and hopefully if the chiropractor can figure out how to heal me.. I wont have to put my Docs up for sale..


No comments:

Post a Comment