Wednesday 16 September 2015

Decision made

So I made my decision.....where work is concerned

I gave in my notice last week and I start my new job on the 1st of November.

I wont have any time off in between jobs but then I will be taking the whole of december off and will be in London to nurse/look after/feed my sister, who will be having foot reconstruction surgery on her left foot.

Its less money, but I will be working a 4 day week, time to slow down and take time to do things for me, myself and I.

I had to go back in my mind and figure out why I left the old company in the first place....ego, my ego was rather large and formidable.  Am happy to say it has been tamed and told to behave.  I have no illusions of grandeur anymore, no wish to advance my career, I just want to slow down and be able to travel and take time off to see and do the things I want to do before I get too old and doddery.

its semi retirement, handing over the reins to the son, so he will have to dig into his pockets and actually start contributing to the household bills....

Another new chapter.....


No comments:

Post a Comment